Employee Spotlight: Mike Mannarino
Technology Business Consultant
NET Xperts LLC
Mike Mannarino is one of our Technology Business Consultants at NET Xperts LLC. Get to know Mike better!
- Tell us about your home life! I am married, been together 14 years, have 3 kids – 1 stepson and 2 eventful daughters.
- What do you enjoy most about working at NET Xperts? I would have to say interaction with people. Interacting with coworkers, interacting with customers, the day-to-day challenges. I like solving problems, that’s at the top of my list.
- What’s something about yourself that might surprise us? I like to craft. I mean, not usually by myself, it’s usually with my wife or kids, but I do roll the sleeves up and like to do crafts, Cricut, and all that stuff.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Fly. Not me personally fly, but flying airplanes. I’ve always had a passion for flying. In fact, back late in high school I started taking flight lessons, but then just because of the cost of them and stuff like that, we just could not afford them as a family, so I could not continue them on and I just never really got back to it. But yeah, definitely learn to fly.
- What’s the best place you’ve traveled to and why? The cliché thing would probably be the beach, but I would probably say Colorado. I actually had family live there for many years. The scenery, the mountains, the weather, the people. It’s just beautiful out there- it’s sunny all the time. The snow will take you by surprise, but the scenery and the ability to go on hikes, it’s breathtaking.
- Where is your dream vacation location? At an all-inclusive resort with no children!
- Favorite drink to order at the bar? I am a basic human when it comes to this stuff, so I just stick with the Captain, not the Coke, but Captain and Sprite – it tastes like a Cream Soda!
- What is one thing you can’t resist? Cheese!
- What music is on your phone? I listen to all kinds of music. I know people always say you’re one way or the other, but I truly listen to everything. From 50’s and 60’s – which gives my wife the willies, and everything up to hardcore rock and roll, R&B, rap, country, doesn’t matter to me. I listen to it all.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? In high school, my senior year, there was a group of us and we decided that we were going to climb up into the auditorium ceiling and repel out of the ceiling down to the stage. Yes, we got caught, and yes, I almost got expelled for that.
- Favorite book or movie? Well my favorite book is real easy, not that I’m necessarily proud of this particular comment, but I’ve actually never read a book in my entire life. People find it hard to believe, but I just don’t have the attention span to sit there and read an entire novel. I read magazines, I read news articles, I read things that grab my attention, but I’ve never been able to actually read a book. As far as favorite movie goes, there’s a lot, I’d have to probably say the go-to, Happy Gilmore.
- What have you gained by working at NET Xperts? Lifelong friends. Obviously there’s turnover in any company, but there’s a couple people that I would consider lifelong, that would be friends outside of NET Xperts. The other thing I gained is experience. I’ve done this a long time by myself, prior to coming to NET Xperts, and it was typically dealing with small organizations and companies. Coming here I was able to get experience working with larger organizations, and just seeing how there are different procedural events that take place in larger organizations than just doing it yourself. Being able to not do everything yourself has also been nice.